Hi I’m Julia, AKA COCO.
Some children, whom I dearly love, gave me the nickname and it’s stuck. I’m a mom, wife, messy cook and writer.
I’ve always loved cooking and now our family is on a journey of trying to only eat REAL food. What does this mean??
- We don’t eat food out of packages with more than a couple ingredients.
- We eat traditional foods like butter, cod liver oil and raw milk
- We buy local meat, dairy and produce as much as possible
- You’ll get to experience the joys of discovering this new way of cooking with me!
I love writing about childbirth and parenting. Why?
- I’m a mom of one(so far!) and I had an incredible home birth! Read my birth story here
- The birth experience was life changing for me (in a good way) and my hope is to empower other women to have the birth they desire.
- I write about parenting because who knew it was such a TOUGH job?
- I write about the way we choose to parent, not to prove we are better, but to be a safe place for people who go against current parenting norms.
I’m not the crunchiest mom in the world. Let me explain
- I like wearing makeup and doing my hair
- I’ll be working on lots of DIY beauty products because I don’t like the ingredients in the conventional stuff.
I switch off between writing blog posts and making video blog posts!